- Check System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8. Microsoft Office versions: 2003, XP, 2007, 2010.
- Download and install the latest version of the open source statistical application “R” available from: http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/ . Please accept all default settings during installation. (Users must have administrator access rights to install R).
- Download the GWSDAT zip file from below and unzip to somewhere on your C: Drive, e.g. C:\Apps.
GWSDAT zip file (ZIP 17.12MB)
- Open up Excel and install the GWSDAT add-in by choosing: Office button>Excel Options>Add-Ins>Go>Browse and then select GWSDAT V2.12.xla located in the C:\Apps\GWSDAT_v2.12 folder.
- A menu called GWSDAT v2.12 will appear Add-Ins tab of Excel.
- To get started with a basic example select GWSDAT v2.12>Insert Data File>Basic Example and then GWSDAT v2.12>GWSDAT Analysis.
- To get started with a more complex example select GWSDAT v2.12>Insert Data File>Comprehensive Example and then GWSDAT v2.12>GWSDAT Analysis.
- You can view the user manual by selecting GWSDAT v2.12>User Manual.
The application is supported for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8 and the corresponding version of Microsoft Office (including 64 bit operating systems). Data input to GWSDAT is via a standardized Excel spreadsheet and the data analysis and plot functions are accessed through an Excel Add-in application. The statistical engine used to perform geo-statistical modelling and display graphical output is the open- source statistical programming language R (www.r-project.org). A user manual ahttp://gwsdat.blank-d.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=53&action=edit#nd two example datasets are provided with the software for training and demonstration purposes.
Supporting information for the Groundwater article:
gwat12340-sup-0001-AppendixS1.doc (DOC 884KB)
Example GWDAT v2.1 Plume Diagnostic Output.pptx (PPTX 1734KB)